1. Name and Contact Data for the Controller for the Data Processing as well as of the Data Protection Officer
The information on data protection is valid for data being processed by:
Controller: advotec. Patent- und Rechtsanwälte GbR [Gesellschaft bürgerlichen Rechts; Eng.: private corporation] (Partners: Axel von den Steinen, Hartmut Tappe, Dr. Thomas Grünberg, Dr. Oliver Schneider, Peter Schubert und Benjamin Merkel; in the following referred to as advotec.), Beethovenstrasse 5, D-97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 9 31 – 7 96 98 – 0
Fax: +49 (0) 9 31 – 7 96 98 – 11
advotec.’s operational data protection officer can be reached under the abovementioned address, for the attention of Mr. Bernhard Böck or at email@example.com.
2. Collection of Personal Data and Retention thereof as well as the Nature and Purpose of their Use
a) Visiting our Website
When visiting our website www.advotec.de, information is automatically sent to the server of our website via the browser you are using on your device. This information is temporally stored in a logfile. The following information is recorded without any action on your part and stored until its automatic deletion:
• IP address of the requesting computer,
• data und time of your accessing the website
• name and URL of the requested file,
• website from which the request originated (HTTP referer)
• used browser and possibly operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The abovementioned data is used for the following purposes:
• ensuring a smooth connection with the website
• ensuring a convenient use of our website
• evaluation of the system security and stability and for further administrative purposes.
The legislative basis for processing data is cited in Article 6, Paragraph 1, Subparagraph 1, Point f of the GDPR [General Data Protection Regulation of the EU]. Our legitimate interest yields from the abovementioned purposes for collecting data. Under no circumstances do we use the retained data for the purpose of drawing conclusions to your person.
b) Use of our Contact Form
Should you have any questions, you can use the contact form provided on our website to contact us. To identify the origin of the query and to be able to respond, we require a valid e-mail address from you. Further information can be given if so required and wished.
Data for the purpose of contacting us is processed according to Article 6, Paragraph 1, Subparagraph 1, Point a of the GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily issued consent.
The personal data collected for the use of the contact form are automatically deleted after we have replied to your query.
3. Data Distribution
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for uses other than the ones specified below does not take place.
We only distribute your personal data to third parties if at least one of the following applies:
• you have given your explicit consent according to Article 6, Paragraph 1, Subparagraph 1, Point a of the GDPR;
• the disclosure according to Article 6, Paragraph 1, Subparagraph 1, Point f of the GDPR is required for the enforcement, exertion or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to assume overriding legitimate interest on your part in the non-disclosure of your data;
• there exists a legal obligation for disclosure according to Article 6, Paragraph 1, Subparagraph 1, Point c GDPR; and
• this is legally admissible and required according Article 6, Paragraph 1, Subparagraph 1, Point b of the GDPR for transacting a contractual relationship with you.
Information is stored in the cookie which is derived specifically from the used device. However, this does not mean that we obtain immediate knowledge of your identity.
Furthermore, we also use temporary cookies which are stored on your device for a predetermined period of time so as to optimize user friendliness. When you visit our site again to take advantage of our services, your browser will automatically recognize that you have already visited our website as well as which entries and settings you have employed, making a renewal of these entries and settings redundant.
The data processed using cookies are necessary for the purposes outlined above for maintaining our legitimate interests as well as the interests of third parties according to Article 6, Paragraph 1, Subparagraph 1, Point f of the GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies; however, you can configure your browser such that no cookies may be stored to your computer or that you always receive a notification before new cookies are created although completely deactivating cookies may lead to not all functions of our website being available for your use.
5. Rights of the Data Subject
You have the right
• according to Article 15 of the GDPR to demand intelligence on the personal data we have processed concerning your person. In particular, you can demand intelligence on the processing purpose, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients who have received or will receive your data, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of access, deletion, restrictions on processing or opposition, the existence of a right to appeal, the origin of your data (provided they have not been collected by us) as well as the existence of automatic decision making including profiling and, if required, conclusive information to their details;
• according to Article 16 of the GDPR to demand the rectification of false or the completion of your saved personal data;
• according to Article 17 of the GDPR to demand the deletion of your retained personal data provided the processing is not required for exerting the right to free speech and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the validation, exertion or defense of legal claims;
• according to Article 18 of the GDPR to demand the restriction of processing any of your personal data, provided that you contest the veracity of the data, that the processing of the data is unlawful, however, you oppose the erasure, and that we no longer require the data albeit you require these data for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims, or that you have objected to the processing according to Article 21 of the GDPR;
• according to Article 20 of the GDPR to receive the personal data which you have provided us in a structured, conventional and machine-readable format or to demand the transfer to a different controller;
• according to Article 7, Paragraph 3 of the GDPR to revoke your issued consent at any time. This results in our no longer being allowed to process any data which was based on your consent in the future; and
• according to Article 77 of the GDPR to file a complaint with a supervisory authority. Generally, you can appeal to the supervisory authority of your usual residence or work place or of our legal office.
6. Right to Object
Provided that your personal data has been processed based on legitimate interest according to Article 6, Paragraph 1, Subparagraph 1, Point f of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data according to Article 21 of the GDPR as long as reasons apply which derive from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter instance, you have a general right to object which we implement without any indication to a particular situation.
Should you want to exercise your right of revocation or objection, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org will suffice.
7. Data Security
For the duration of your visit to our website, we use the commonly used SSL protocol (Secure Socket Layer protocol) in conjunction with the highest encryption code supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256 bit encryption. Should your browser not support 256 bit encryption, we instead resort to 128 bit technology. You can tell by the locked key or lock symbol depicted in the lower status bar of your browser whether or not an individual page of our website is transmitted in an encrypted manner.
In addition, we make use of appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved according to technological development.
8. Currency and Change of this Data Protection Statement
This data protection statement is currently valid as of May 2018.
By further developing our website and by offering our services via our website or owing to changes in legislative or official requirements, it can become necessary to change this Data Protection Statement. You can retrieve and print the current Data Protection Statement at any time from the website at http://advotec.de/advotec.-patent-attorneys-and-attorneys-at-law-–-privacy-policy.html.